Acting That Way

I hate repeating myself, but last night was kinda rough. Now yesterday evening was enjoyable, I listened to some music and half watched some television. But for the past week an old pinched nerve behind my shoulder blade decided to come back and visit. So it’s been a week of lying flat on my back, applying fire and ice. Mind you, I’m not feeling depressed or panicky, I just couldn’t get comfortable to go to sleep. So I tossed and turned till I bored myself to sleep.

This morning isn’t any better and sitting in this chair definitely isn’t helping. That nerve feels like a dull stabbing pain behind my shoulder and running up my neck. But after my morning correspondence, I’m in the mood to say something despite how I feel. Sometimes you just got to soldier through things you really don’t want to do. On my plate are several tasks I’ve been putting off, but at some point I have to get them done.

I suppose I can use my physical pain as an excuse. But the world is a cruel task master that doesn’t give a shit how you or I feel. As much as I’d like to change that attitude, our world gets colder and colder to the misfortune of others. So while those of us that call for more compassion are labelled “Snowflakes” the “Heartless Hypocritical Assholes” of the world rule. Sorry, it’s the pain in my back talking.

I suppose there is value in both arguments, in that we should have compassion for those less fortunate. But at the same time, we should strive to do our best. Wow! that sounds like a compromise. A rare thing in this world of “I want mine and the hell with the rest”. I don’t mean to sound like a jerk (well, actually I do). But most of us are suppose to be adults in the room, isn’t it about time to start acting that way. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze