You Are NOT

This is going to be one of those, I really don't feel like being here, but I'm here anyway days. Yesterday I took my wife to catch her ride to Charleston, SC for her “Girls Getaway Weekend” or as I like to call it a "Wine Crawl". I really don't mind her going, it's good for her to get away from me for a while and frankly vise visa.

All the girls are probably thinking their husbands will be watching sports or fishing. But to be honest, I'm working on a long overdue kitchen project I'm going to surprise my wife with when she gets back. It's funny how people can assume things about you. Most women would assume a man would rather spend the weekend goofing around. But just like those of us that suffer with a mental illness most assumptions can be wrong.

I feel sad for those of us with mental illness because we often feel like we must hide our illness, like it's a Scarlet Letter. But you know what it isn't, it's simply a circumstance for which we live with. Don't let your own heart or anyone else tell you that you are anything less. You are a human being with problems just like them. So live your lives wholly, do the best you can, and remember you are NOT someone less.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze