The Next Day


We all see the world through a different set of lenses. Some of us are concerned with wealth and creating the next paycheck. Other’s of us are dreamers, coming up with the next great idea or dream. While more are simply worried about making it to the next day. Yeah, different lenses but all with the same goal, survival. I suppose in a way I’ve in all those worlds from the corporate structure, to the dream state of innovation, to the darkest moments of my life…simple trying to make it to the next day.

At the moment I’m more or less in a “laissez-faire” kinda mood. Meaning I’m just letting things unfold as they will. For so long I held on the my “destiny” with a strong leash. Controlling myself and those around me. Infecting punishment upon myself and others when things didn’t go my way. I was a control freak demanding nothing short of perfection from myself. Needless to say it was a pretty miserable life, especially from such a flawed human being. 

But after my initial heart scare, I discovered that I had to let go. All the pain and self-abuse I had infected upon myself had finally come to home to roost. Leaving me nothing more than a broken shell totally dependent on others to survive. But in a way it was freeing, because it allowed me to be humble, to be dependent, and to learn that world wasn’t going to stop without me. I don’t know what kind of lessons life has for you. But take each lesson as it comes and learn from it. Bitterness and anger only plants seeds of hatred and fear. Look at life objectively, learn what you can, then move on to the next lesson. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze