Box Fan


The old box fan blows, adding a bit of comfort to an otherwise uncomfortable night. I took a really long nap yesterday so it’s not surprising I’m awake now. Still the noise of the fan blades are a reminder, that even in troubled times, some things remain the same. The tension in the air is thick. As thick as the humidity of these very un-March like days.

Even I am not immune to it, sitting here in my own little corner of the world. But I know there will be better days. For as I listen, just outside my window the mockingbirds and finches still sing. I feel for those trapped in large cities. I know from my time in Chicago I often felt trapped like a rat in a cage. Still our survival instincts kick in forcing us into a fight or flight mode. Something that feels so unnatural in this modern world.

But we persevere gathering what strength we have to survive another day. Still I wonder how these moments will change us. Making us even more suspicious and cautious. Or will these times create more awareness and unity, for ourselves and our fellow man. Only time will tell I suppose. So as the moments pass and fan blades turn. I search for calm in an otherwise fearful time. Seeking a little bit of normalcy, in these troubled times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze