Expectations


I haven’t been awake long enough to really know where my head is at. I mean the bed’s made up, I took my medicine, I even got clothes on the wash and straightened out an appointment for Lisa this morning. So I’m sitting here with the TV playing as background noise waiting. But waiting for what, I don’t know. I reckon I’m just doing like my Grandma Geiger and talking just to be talkin’. Not aimed at anyone in particular, especially myself. 

God knows why any of my six followers ever put up with me. I’m an unfocused, non-goal setting, white guy; that has nothing better to do then sit here and talk about himself. But that’s okay, I do have a job keeping up with Lisa’s appointments. And making sure the light bill gets paid and that my son has his snacks. As much as we’d all like to live lives of greater purpose. We usually consider ourselves complete failures, because we failed to reach our perceived goals. 

But when seeking solace or satisfaction, we usually figure out that our true purpose is already here. Heaven forbid I never become a famous writer or columnist. Never obtain a sense of comfort or worldly satisfaction I would like. Sometimes just knowing you tried to be a decent person is all you’ll ever get. And in the grand scheme of things that’s all billions of other souls have ever received. So dream your dreams, but don’t forget it’s the little things that add up and make real dreams come true. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze