I Really Don't Mind


I ain’t got but an hour or so to be outside this morning. Today is Grandparents Day at the elementary school our grandchildren attend. So we be having lunch with our granddaughter and checking out her classroom. Then I have an appointment at the medical supply store to pick up my new CPAP machine and accessories. After answering about a dozen texts since I stepped outside. I’m beginning to wonder why I come out here at all. But after a good rain last night and a steady breeze now I really don’t mind. 

The town’s running at it’s usually pace…slow. There’s plenty of golf carts parked at the dollar store and the post office trading on the latest gossip. There’s a lawnmower running full throttle down the street, and the EMC guys are running in and out of the warehouse looking for parts. I for one have just two stops today. Two noisy appointments to crowd up my usual uncluttered schedule. Other than that there’s nothing inspirational going on here, just the sound of an empty log truck Georgia braking down the highway.

In life there’s often nothing much to say. Other than the usual noise that’s buzzing around between your ears. So you do the best you can to just accept what comes in. While appreciating the moments of calm that spill in between. Praying that the rest of the day isn’t anymore taxing then it is right now. I feel and I understand what it’s like to be surrounded by noise. I lived in that world for way too long. But I’m coming up on yet another anniversary of my own personal death and resurrection. So don’t take all that noise too seriously, listen for the peace that lies in between. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze