I Am Me


This morning in the mail I got an odd little letter from the IRS asking me the confirm my identity. Apparently they’re not sure if a past tax return was sent by me or someone else. This obviously means I’ll be going through a long, paper jammed process to prove I am me to them. Considering I haven’t had to pay nor received any return from the IRS in over a decade. It does make me wonder, if someone’s using my ID to receive a return, I wish they’d show me how. 

I suppose life is all about who you are and what your worth. I left the idea of being worth anything to the greater world a long time ago. On paper I’m worth a small pension check that by inflationary standards means I ain’t worth much. My worth according to who I am, sadly ain’t really worth much more, than maybe a passing reference to very few. 

But despite all my “mealy mouthing” we all play an integral part in a greater plan. Now some may think this has something to do with achieving a higher power or purpose. But from the aspect of nature, we are all equally important no matter what. I may heap a load of self-loathing upon myself, but that’s just my go-to modus operandi. What is genuinely true is that purpose is much more important than position. Achieving a place in the sun may feel important to the id. But to satisfy the heart entails a fulfilling of your passion no matter how small. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze