Old Baptist


Sitting outside it looks like my shade is about gone for the year. You’d think the gnats would feel a little sorry for me. But instead I’m sure they’re all giggling enjoying my discomfort. But that’s what you’re supposed to expect this time of year. To see leaves falling from the trees and feel a little crispness in the air. Only this year the heat and humidity are fighting like hell to stick around. And while it did rain a little late yesterday afternoon, the humidity has done nothing but excite the sand gnats that are nibbling on my ears. 

Not much is going on other than my Baptist buddies next door getting together to be, well…Baptist. The sky keeps fading between cloudy and partly sunny. While the humidity in all it’s glory, dampens what could be a pleasant morning into a wet blanket. Other than that I ain’t got much to complain about. Had a somewhat pleasant conversation with my father-in-law this morning. He caught me up on the Braves while informing me “my President” was going senile, according to Fox News. (The irony being that my father-in-law is older than the president.)

So we all suffer through what we suffer through, and endure the aggravation with a smile. Often things never go our way, but that’s just the way things are when we throw in our “cognitive superiority” into the mix. But beyond the aggravating barking of the dogs across the street and rhythmic taps of a distant woodpecker. Me and the old Baptist across the fence find serenity in our own ways. Recognizing that a higher greater power (God and/or Nature) are helping us keep things in perspective. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living