Blowing Breeze


It’s later in the afternoon so I decided to take advantage of the lighter humidity and come back outside. There’s a lite breeze blowing so while the gnats are still out, at least they’re having to put in some extra effort to lite on me. You can still smell where the grass got cut this morning, but sadly the faint scent of BBQ from the restaurant down the street is gone. 

The poor old sycamore tree leaves look a bit sad. Hanging like they’re on their last leg from the limbs. There’s no point in bringing up the fig bush/tree, it’s all but shed most of its leaves. It’s hard to believe that just a few months ago both plants were vibrant and green, with a bountiful crop of figs. But the birds have mostly abandon their nest in the fig branches. With the kids grown and the shade and food supply dried up, I can’t say I blame them. 

But I’m the human here, I’m adaptable with opposable thumbs. I can’t move on as easily as the birds. My so-called cognitive reasoning insist I stick around and overcome. But for me the societal restrictions on where I can go and when keep me in place. So here I sit on one of few pleasant days I’ve had this summer. Dreaming of all the missed opportunities I have had. Wishing for more time and more resources to do what I want to be doing. Taking advantage of the lighter humidity and gentle blowing breeze. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living