All Over Again


 

Some questions simply shouldn’t be asked, especially when it comes to your health. I have six different specialists spread out over five different counties across an area that runs from Dublin to Mount Vernon, Vidalia, and Savannah, Georgia. And if that wasn’t bad enough, each prescribes different medications for my many different ailments—from chronic heart failure to kidney failure to IBS and type-2 diabetes. And that’s not counting diabetic retinopathy, chronic sinus issues, tooth decay, and various mental health issues.

I’m sure you have read about each of these different ailments in my writing. But I’m not sure I’ve listed them all on one sheet of paper before. It’s a lot to keep up with, and frankly, it’s exhausting to even look at. All this comes along with being the caregiver to two other adults. But I compartmentalize things; that’s what I trained to do in college. So, to a point, my whole supposed career path was laid just so I could keep up with my own failing health. Ironic, isn’t it?

Still, I sit here a bit overwhelmed by the magnitude of this whole operation. And my kids wonder why I am so cynical and pragmatic.

Hell, I don’t know why I’m even mentioning any of this shit, other than to throw all my health privacy issues out the window. But here it is, all laid out in 300 or so words so the whole attention-span-less world can read.

But this is the way I do things; I refuse to let things sit in the pit of my stomach anymore, so they can fester and explode like so many occasions before. So anyway, here it is: just when you think you get things figured out, something new throws a monkey wrench into the whole thing and has you questioning everything. But such as it is with life—you draw up a plan, then you toss it in the trash and start all over again.

So remember, don’t give up! And fight like hell!

#PepTalk #Confession #IUnderstand #WeightOfTheWorld #MissionStatement


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contemplate Life

One Moment

What It's About