We Were Promised


 

I slept rough last night , I dreamed I was on a van being stuffed with people to go on a fun adventure. But we all knew by the way we were being stuffed into that van, that it was going to be anything but fun. Still I had trouble waking up from the dream, I knew I wanted to get out but I couldn’t, till I finally woke up and sat here. It’s a bright hazy day in the neighborhood, a total lack of kids outside playing still weirds me out. But I guess parents today are much different than we were, where we knew the neighbors and the kids could run free.

Other than that, I suppose I’m feeling that entrapment again of being stuck in the apartment myself. With no money to go anywhere, not even to drive to the park because of the distance. There’s no place to sit outside around here, where parents look at you like some weirdo for sitting alone. Thankfully my wife doesn’t have to carry that burden, cause everybody loves her and kids approach her like a grandmother.

I guess I just give off that vibe, considering I look like every other bitter old white guy wearing a red hat. But the same built-in prejudices were instilled in me as a child and as an adult. A suspicion of people of a different skin tone and social standing. But for whatever reason those excuses didn’t seem to stick. I guess I could use the old trope that “I don’t see color”, because I do. I mean I’m not blind. And I understand I grew up with the advantage of white privilege; I mean seriously just see how the greeters check the receipts at the exit.

But I don’t wish to be anyone other than I am. Not because of my poor white trash label or my supposed superiority. But because I understand how the world works. Gold makes the world go around, it the only thing that separates us from the beast in the fields. For some odd reason we place value on a shiny ass rock we found on the ground and proclaimed that makes me better than you. But it doesn’t.

And while that might be easy for me to say since I have a minus on my checking account. It doesn’t take away from the fact that we are all the same species. Once we get over our petty disagreements about who is God, and who has the most gold rules. Maybe the van won’t be so crowded, and we can all have that pleasant trip we were promised.

#Greed #Promises #ColorBlind #Awareness #Clarity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What It's About

Contemplate Life

One Moment