Better Than This

A little over four years ago I took a look at my situation and thought, "I can do better than this." So over the next four years I worked to reach a few goals. One I got a college degree, it hasn't paid me back yet, but still, I hold an Associates Degree and have for nearly two years. 


Next, I'm working to complete my Bachelors Degree. It's been a hard and trying two years but my goal is getting closer and closer. With the finish line on the final lap in October of this year. Another personal goal that hasn't paid off yet, but again, no one can take away. 


Now as Summer approaches, I'm finding more and more opportunities coming my way. One job search site alone has produced several positions that need filled in the Savannah area. Each has jobs that I can do, they all need a number of different IT skill sets that I have. 


It's hard to remember four years ago I was going nowhere, doing something I was totally bored at. Knowing that inside myself I knew, I knew I could do more. Now at 50, I feel like a kid. More excited about the future than in a long time. 


Ready to go into whatever place will have me. And prove I am the best at what I have trained and studied to do. But wish enough to know that I don't know anything. But wish enough to put my skills to work to come up with the right solution.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze