Reflection

I usually write stuff that is either a little uplifting or at lest honest. Either honest about myself or my beliefs on life in general. Today, I am a bit reflective. 


A young friend of mine was telling me how he had been taking inventory of himself. Looking for the good and tossing out the bad. And, you know that's OK. Sometimes you have to look at yourself and the things around you and have a "spring cleaning". 


Still, one of the things that I regret through the years is the time I spent running and doing.  By that I mean, while I was doing, doing, doing, I missed a lot. The little things that make your life worth it. But all that is now "water under the bridge". You can't dwell on regrets or mistakes, you just move on the best you can. 


So to my young friend all I can say is, don't let life move by you so fast that you end up wasting a big chuck of it. Pause and breathe. Because one morning you'll wake up and wonder, who's that old man staring back at you in the mirror. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze