In Whose Shoes We Walk

Well for months now I've joked and been serious about turning 50 and finally I did last week. And of all the things I could have thought about that morning the thing that stuck in my mind was still missing my birthday card from my Mom. It hasn't been quit ten years since she left, but you would think by now that pain would pass. But it's at those times like birthdays when the wound in your heart opens fresh again.

I was fortunate to have my Mom as long as I did, my Dad passed some nearly 20 years ago. It's not that Mom is more important than Dad, it's just different. I guess the good thing is, that they really are not gone. Because in my looks, in my voice, in the pains I sometimes wake-up with, they are still here. And the same can be said for my kids, in each of them I can see a little of Mom and Dad, my wife, and even my in-laws too.

So as we look at the twilight of this Thanksgiving week. Remember your past and the loved ones your thankful for. Because as you get older words like final and journey take on whole new meanings.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living