Just Waiting on a friend

It's Monday and it's one of those days where I'm sitting here spinning my wheels going no where. The reason for this is, like a lot of you out there know all too well, I'm waiting for someone to complete something, so I can finish a project. 

Over the 30+ years I've been in the workforce, no matter what industry or level of seniority  I've been at, you at some point end up waiting on someone else to finish. Now when I was a young laborer this didn't bother as much, mainly because I was still getting paid. And besides, I could sleep off the what I was doing the night before. But then, when I ended up being the payer, not the payee, well my attitude changed. 

So I guess things haven't changed much, I'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more. I guess I should think of something else that I could be doing to make value of this time. But sometimes doing that shifts way too many things around, then I end up being the one who's late. 

So I just sit here thinking of all the other stuff I could be getting done while I sit here. I guess this wouldn't bother me if it didn't happen on every job. It's either an over booked sheetrock hanger or a out-of-town painter or the person next to you in the cubical. It makes me wonder if they live in a different time zone or something. 

I guess I wouldn't be so upset if I tried walking in their shoes for a minute. Maybe their supplies were late or the help didn't show up. Or your cubemate had to take a baby to the doctor? You don't never know. 

Ahh. So instead of being mad, turn on your mp3 player, find the Stones, and simply play, "I'm just waitin' on a friend...", over and over and over. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living