You Gotta Laugh Or Just Cry Or Both

Late today someone sent me a note that kinda made my day. Although their words were kind, the only thing I could think of was sending them a smart-ass reply. Which was really funny, by-the-way. 

But that's the way it goes around here, I'm never been one to "bask-in-the-glow" of compliments. I'm a behind the scenes kind of guy. When I played in a band many, many moons ago, I simply stuck to doing my job and letting other members take the stop light. Though I worked equally on arrangements and writing. 

The same goes for my brief radio and magazine careers. Their I produced the radio show and set the format for the program. While I did work the mic as host for a while, I preferred going to the background and letting the young guys shine. In my magazine career I edited and wrote, but kept a low-profile by ghost writing for others. 

I guess it all goes back disdain of praise. I suppose I could go into the reasons why I'm like this, but does are my demons and no one elses. In a around about way, what I'm saying here is humor and laughter are my releases. Just the way they are for great comedians. Two things I enjoy doing are making people laugh and to making them think. And, if I'd done that for anyone, then I did what I love to do. 

So when I say, you gotta laugh or cry or both, those things were medicine to me. Rather it's an uncomfortable situation or just that devil on my shoulder, I do enjoy setting the pace. So if you need medicine to ease an internal thing, I can't think of a better band-aid then laughing till you cry.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living