Why Hire Me? Or Anyone.

There isn't much use in going outside day and raking the leaf farm or washing clothes because it's rainy & overcast (we don't use dryer's, we hang clothes out, like the Walton's). So I'm stuck here working on a paper for school. If I think about it, I could write term papers in my sleep. In fact, I think I have a couple of times. But that's what I do, study and write papers. 

As the four people who regularly read this know, I'm just a week or two from finishing school. So while this course is on my mind, so to is my next step. Where do we go from here, as the line from a song say's (if you remember that song, your old). I've been doing job searches for a while now, I only slowed down so I can concentrate on this course. But after November 26, that's it. 

Where does a 50 year old, who's set in his ways, but loves to learn and take on challenges go? Who out there believes, like I do, that age is only a number and that an old dog can make it in a "young man's world". 

Inside myself, I know without a doubt, I can do the job anyone sit in front of me. I'm sharp, I give attention to detail, and can breakdown most any fact to it's most basic form. Plus I have no delusions about myself, I know I to start at the bottom like everyone else. But is there anyone out there how has the guts to give me a shot? 

I guess we'll find out. 

I'm not a technician and I didn't invent the Internet, which is what everyone seems want. But the skills I do have are a good eye for finding facts and seeing solutions. If that's what your looking for, I got a resume to send you. You'll never meet another me, because I am who you see, nothing more, nothing less.

So if I've peaked you interest, I've worked in a great many areas over my career. So I'm not limited to just my field of study. If you offer a challenge I believe I can take on, LinkedIn has my number. 

I guess the point to all this is, I'm here if you can use me. When looking for a good candidate try and look beyond the resume program and physiological test, to see eye-to-eye who your hiring. All any of us can ask for is a chance to prove ourselves, give us that chance.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living