Thanks!

Well, it's 3:40 am my time and once again I find it hard to sleep. But that's OK, I tend to do my best thinking at this time of the morning. I guess it comes from all those late nights with friends and driving down to the beach at Tybee Island and watching the sunrise after a night of being young.

That said, I noticed I finally got my 500th view. Wow, (there not Gaga numbers) but, I really never thought 'd get here. After so many years of focusing on my family and working, I forgot about really being with people other than "my four and no more". I don't know how I ended up such an isolationist, maybe because of my location or maybe because of society in general?

I mean, our neighborhood it's middle-class, a little (a lot) rural, just a simple quite place to be. Still, the only time I've seen a neighbor out was if the power went off. It's nothing like it was growing up. We played outside literally all day from sunrise to beyond sunset. The kids on my street were my playmates . I bet I put a 100,000 miles on bicycles by the time I could drive. My parents often visited the neighbors or leaned on the fence talking to them about everything under the sun. I never got spanked by a neighbor, but I'll tell you this, a telephone is way faster than a bicycle.

Anyway, I don't know what brought that on but I do miss the art of one-on-one conversation. Because now, you can hardly get an old friend on the phone for five minutes, let alone, have a beer or even visit. Where we have gone as a society when a lukewarm machine with "lol" typed on it takes to place of a joke among family and friends? Oh well.

So as I say thanks to everyone who has taken time to read my crazy. Remember to go outside and breath some un-recycled air (which my not be a great idea in some places). Take time to look at an ocean (that's not your screen saver) and take in the salty air (it won't kill you, I hope). Or at lest turn this damn machine off for 10 minutes and listen to no one but your heart.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze