Sometimes You May Have Nothing to Say

My LinkedIn page reminded me I hadn't posted a message for several days. This is true, but sometimes you don't have anything to say that you feel is profound or worthy of others time. You see, for nearly half the time I've spent on earth, their was no Internet or blogs or Facebook to post to. So I guess I'm still of that generation that feels when you have something important to say, say it. If not, then just keep it to yourself.

At times I've noticed a lot of people post things just to be posting. Hell, I can't point a finger at anyone else without a few pointing back at me. I guess on a planet that is so interconnected, our need for "connection" to others is a bit "ramped-up" due to the ease of communicating. 

As humans we are social creatures, we've grouped together in tribes since our creation. And although there are some that prefer their own company, social interaction is still a necessary evil for them as well. Maybe it's this forced isolation that our society has created that places in us the desire to connect anyway we can. So at the moment the Internet creates a safe place to bond, when time and distance comes between us. 

So I'm sitting here wondering to myself, what is the point of this rambling? Maybe it is the need to hear myself talk, which my wife accuses of quite often. Or maybe it's to point out that we all have a need for honest dialog, rather we know it or not. That isolating yourself may kill the discouraging voices you hear. But, it can also stop you from hearing the encouraging ones to. 

Remember to be positive when dealing with others. There is a right and wrong way to debate and offer criticism. Be mindful of the people you interact with and give your anger a moment to cool before making giving a reply. All too often we respond without giving that response any thought.      


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze