Funky Monkey Days

Ever have one of those kinds of days, you decided you were not going to have again, yet you do? Man, I know I do. No matter how hard I try, sometimes I just can't shake a bad habit that causes me to do the same stupid, over and over again. I call them my funky monkey days. You know, that kinda day where you wake up and set your mind not to do the same stupid, but do it anyway. 

Sometimes I even have funky monkey months or even funky monkey years! Like old Ron White once said, "You can't fix stupid." But you can fix attitudes, mindsets, and bad habits. Getting tried and giving up, are the two best weapons your old lazy mind uses to make you a funky monkey. 

For you parents out there or those of you that were children, remember the best way to get some thing from mom and/or dad? Yes, that's right nag, nag, and nag some more. Eventually, you wore them down till they gave up. That's what habits do to you! 

Now you may ask, "All right, I understand now, so how do I get rid of them?" There is the $64 dollar question, the magic bullet to all our ills. Hell, all I know is what works for me. I see a bad habit for what it is, bad. I then tell me, "Hey, this isn't doing us any good. It's about time to bite the bullet (there's that bullet, again) and get with the program." Does it work? More times than you'd think. Is it permanent? Usually not.

That's where the reverse psychology comes in. You gotta' learn to nag the habit. Habits are no different than you, they don't like being bothered or pestered either. So if you keep doing to it, what it keeps doing to you. Someones giving up. So when the funky monkey comes on, at least make it feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze