Inside Voice

You know, to most everyone that knows me I usually present myself as being pretty positive. In public, I try and leave people with a positive or kind word. That usually leaves most with the impression Am a positive person. Now while that maybe true for me outwardly, the person within is mostly a troubled soul. 

While many of you may feel the same way, I hope that a good number of you keep that mindset in check. But for myself, a lot of times this truth doesn't hold true. You see for many years I have allowed that voice that lies deep inside each of us to rear it's ugly head. That voice that doesn't speak in affirming tones, but that voice that presents all the self-doubt and self-criticism many hold deep within. 

Some think of these voices as being an outside force that comes to steal and destroy. I've come to realize that while outside influences can contribute. For the most part these voices of self-doubt were usually our own. 

So you may ask, "how do you function and continue spin a positive outlook, if this is inside your head?" I guess my best reply is, that while I am still haunted with this, other outside influences also present themselves. That from time to time, rather they know or not, they plant some seeds of positive thoughts, that reinforce my fractured mind. 

You see, while I may have this condemnation in my thoughts. With those reinforcements I also know and understand that I have the abilities and gifts given to me to overcome those thoughts through living in the present moment. 

A lot of times we allow our minds to take us to places in the past. Sometimes we allow it to take us into the future. Sadly, the majority of the time on those journeys, our thoughts focus on the bad that happened or what can happen. Things will run through our mind like, "Remember how bad that last meeting went." Or, "This sounds like it's going to be way too complicated for you to do." 

A great deal of the time when creating these post. I may have an idea or thought I want to present,  but mostly I'm looking at a blank page (screen). Then from that moment I open myself to whatever idea pops into my head and jot it down. (To some this may not come as no surprise, considering the critiques my wording and spelling get.) But hopefully, your getting the idea here. 

The point I'm more or less driving at is, first allow those voices to speak. I know all to well, trying to suppress them only leads to more trouble. For me, giving them voice then allows them to say their piece. Then it allows me to sweep out the trash and work with a clear mind that is in the now. 

My hope is that while we all deal with negative thoughts (voices). We also understand that, while they may have a place, that place isn't to dominate who we are. So find your now.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze