Limit My Self

I'm sure you all have a family member or friend that we love, but we rather not brag about them too much. Maybe they have an opinion or two that maybe taken the wrong way by others. Or they are simple too embarrassing to have around. It's not like you're trying to live above your raising, it's just that we have those we love that are just wrong. And there's no need to advertise every crazy in the closet. 

Why I mentioned that, who knows? The real thing I wanted to bring out is limits. As Americans, for having a population with such unlimited access t0 everything. We tend to be quite limited to anything outside our borders, our region, our state, town, street, even beyond our yards for that matter. Why is that? For a people so blessed we tend to act very closed minded. Like we're always right and everybody else is wrong.

A couple of years ago, I came across a website called about.me. Over the last number of months this site which acts as an introduction to yourself and your work or whatever. Has opened my eyes to thousands of individuals across the world. And if nothing else in my exploring of others about.me sites its that, in a lot of ways we are all the same. 

We may speak different languages, have different skin tones, or even different religious beliefs. Yet we all breathe air, eat, and drink to survive. And we love and want to live. 

When I hear the rants of both major political ideals we seem to have in our country. I often wonder with all this ranting are we ever listening? I guess the point to this could be, with all the crazy we're throwing back and to at each other. How about let's do what we like to do to our crazy uncle on Facebook and put it in the closet.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze