Not Everyday's Rainbows & Puppies

First off, I got nothing against rainbows or puppies. And, in actuality this isn't going to end up a dark or jaded post about the ill's in mine or anyone elses life. What I do want to discuss is how we each deal with the chronic problems that we have in our everyday lives. For a good number of us, there may be physical or mental issues we struggle with that cloud what otherwise may be good days.

These are burdens we live with mostly in silence either from embarrassment or shame. Because in this society any slight crack in the armor is considered some defect in who you are. In my own life, I know all too well the pain that can be infected by others because you carry or wear that "defect". 

If we do make it through our formative years, we usually end up with even more scars or issues than we started with. Because, if left unchecked these issues build and build until they can no longer be ignored. They stand in front of us scared and festering, crying out to be heard. Still once we can no longer ignore these defects, we do our best to hide them in mask of hatred, fear, cynicism, or silence. 

What I propose is that we all understand everyone has defects, and that it isn't usually the person's fault they have them. So instead of allowing ourselves to talk about or put down others because we deem them defected. Let's try and celebrate the differences in ourselves. 

Now before we turn this into a kumbaya moment, I guess we should get real. Not all hatred or bullying is going to end over night. Children who seem to inflect to most pain on each other, get a lot of that teaching at home. Parent or parents that insult there own children and each other are where the foundation of change lies. 

Lord knows, I in no way am some grand example. As someone who was tormented nearly everyday, that pent up anger makes me a prime candidate to abuse. I will say, I have enough grace about me to know when I'm wrong. 

So as we send ourselves and our angels out into the world remember. Not everyday's rainbows and puppies, but be aware when you're the one taking them away from someone else, you are the abuser.       

        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze