If it's too Good to be True, It is

Over the 50+ years I've been around this world, you learn there's no such thing as a free lunch. Then when you're offered one, you'd better check for a trapdoor. Recently, I've been getting a bunch of job offers from businesses that have been big on what they can do for me, and giving me little as to what they want me to do. You ever get offers like that? "We received your resume, and you look to be a good fit for our business." 

It all sounds good, until you do a little checking and find they nickel and dime you for every dollar you earn. Why can't there be an honest business out there that says, we have a product for you to sell. Now understand sales is a eat-you-up-and-spit-you-out business. So go in there honestly with a good product and do your best and mostly be ethical. I sometimes wonder if ethics is kryptonite to sales people.  

I think sales can be a noble profession, it's just that group of unethical asses (let's call'em what they are) that make good individuals look bad. But also take it for what it is, sales isn't easy. In fact it's damn hard and time consuming and mentally taxing. But back to the free lunch.

It angers me that there are individuals out there that think nothing of taking advantage of others who for whatever reason are out of a job and out of luck. So what do they do, they prey on the weak and take advantage of those can't do anything to them. I don't know where your faith is, but my God don't put up with shit for long. And, if I've learned anything in 50+ years it's, Karma's a bitch with sharp fingernails and a knack for social media.

So as some of you continue to do wrong and prey on others pain. Remember there are those watching and keeping score as to how well you treat others. Like's be ethical, not because we have to, but because we want to.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze