A Quiet Place

With the rush, rush of my days, it's not hard for me to lose time with the most important person in my life, that person being me. Now some may feel that statement is a bit narcissistic and it can be. But when looked at in the right way, how can you qualify to take care of others, if you ignore yourself. Now we could go into a whole theological discussion here, but this is my blog. 

I'm learning to be the best I can for myself (and others), I have to take time to reflect on where I am and where I am heading. Going through life with enough baggage to load a semi, it pays to stop the rig and unload every now and then. If the word you use for this is prayer than great, take moments in your life and pray. But if you are more comfortable in reflecting quietly and focusing on the moment, then meditate away. 

Both are taking time from the distractions of life and focusing on the here and now. To process and review (if you will) on how you are doing and seeing that the thoughts that are running through your mind are healthy ones. When I allow myself a quiet moment, I find that the millions of things I allow to distract me, slowly fade into the mist. It gives me a chance to regroup and see what it is I need to be doing. Which is usually not what I am doing at the moment (surprize, surprize).

In the 51 years I've walked this earth, you'd think I'd learned a lot. But to be honest, the older I become the less sure I am about what the future holds. Oh, I could lie and say the future has already been written, but I have wonder if those words have simply been misinterpreted. And that, the future is really been left open for us to write. 

That kind of thinking may frighten some, but for whatever reason it gives me comfort. Because, despite how it may look outside, if enough of us listen to the moment. Then at some point things will turn out okay. 

Be present. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze