Life As A Story

Ever since I was very young I love to hear stories. Rather told by a grandparent or trusted friend, hearing others tales has been a fascinating obsession for me. Well this weekend I was looking for something to occupy my mind while I wait for the Braves to come on TV. The Internet got boring real quick after school, there was nothing on the boob tube till the game. 

So I decided to give the radio a shot. Now out here in Boonie-close-minded-ville, you have the choices of country, country, and oh yes! country. So I turn to the Internet and go to tunein.com, which plays various stations from all over the world. I decided to go to my old faithful station from Macon WMUM the Georgia Public Radio Station. On the public channel was a program I'd not heard called The Moth

Basically the Moth is a show of peoples stories, some sad, some funny, some sad and funny. All I can say is my story listening fetish has found a home. But my point here isn't to promote Tunein or The Moth, although I do recommend them. The point here is everyone has a story and that these stories are important. 

The reason I say that is some family members that I loved didn't tell stories. So for the most part a great deal of there lives are simply gone. Which in a way is very sad, because how can a family really know of itself without a history. How can you or your family understand their legacy when no history is handed down. 

For a lot of us we decide to seek our legacy when we are near the end of our own legacies. But that's too late, the histories may already be gone. Still before it becomes too late, tell your story and pass it on. Let you family know where they come from, life is a story.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze