The Importance of Random Thought

Most all of my work for class, I finished yesterday. With the expectation of using today to take it easy from what was a busy week. Over the weekend I had written my last post, thinking I wouldn't write another one for a few days. But after a hot, humid Southern night, which I slept in a little late. I sluggishly got up, dressed, took my med's, and even ran an errand before have a late breakfast. Funny how today was planned to be a bit lazy, yet I've gotten a good bit done. 

While focus is a great tool to have in your toolbox, so to is having the process of creative or random thought. Personally, being able to focus on a task has brought me great reward (good grades, solutions to complex problems, and financial reward), so to has the ability to sink into random thoughts. You see, sometimes the focused mind can center on the wrong or cookie cutter solution to a situation. For some task being able to see from many points or from many voices delivers an answer others, including yourself, never thought about. That's why random thought shouldn't be dismissed from the conversation. 

While random thought can display new or clearer ideas from different angles. It is also important to remember that random thoughts have a tendency to ramble. So to a point focus is required while thinking in other shades. 

I guess I would say my focal point to this is, not to keep your mind solely on the logical. But allow your creative, random side have it's day in the sun. That sometimes words don't have to have meaning, and that time can be spent in nothing.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze