Half a Headache & Feelin' Kinda Lazy

I haven't long got back from Dr. Jellybean, and telling about the troubles that have in my life. It's not that I don't like Jellybean, it's just that I feel like I'm on a stage trying to entertain a critical audience, that I can't seem please. I mean I rehearsed in my mind what I want to tell him, but by the time I get in there the script has changed, the moment I finally see him I don't feel the same.

On the way back home my mind turns to dinner (hey, I'm Southern and I'm fat) wondering what we are going to have. Unlike most Americans, between the doctor's office and my house there are no Micky D's or Whooper K's, just pine trees and people that play the theme to Deliverance on the banjo. (Okay, maybe they play Toby Keith...on the banjo now.) So my choices are limited to over-priced pizza, Chinese take-out, or greasy spoon diner. I opted to fix something at home, like rice and onion gravy, with field peas. It ain't fancy, but doesn't cost a lot and I won't need a Rolaids afterwards.

But as I get closer to home I feel a half headache coming on. Then when I get home I lay on the bed a minute and start to get lazy. These two things begin to affect the out come of my dinner. Going from cheap and tasty to just plain easy, we're talking PB & J easy. But a promise is a promise, and I told my bride I'd fix some gravy if she got me some tea. (Which I know was a stupid trade-off. But hey, I was thirsty.)

Which brings me to my point. Never make a promise you don't plan to keep. And plan your life better and live somewhere closer to a fast food restaurant or at least a Wal-Jacked. It keeps a marriage simpler.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze