Ever Understand


I look upon the water and I’m reminded of where it all began. The dirt streets, the dead ends, the bottles by the side of the road. The school bus, the bread truck, and ride Clyde Ride, they all made an impression. A fat kid from B-dale who dreamed of love yet hated himself.

So I ask how I got here, to this place and this time. More aware of who I am, while still learning to be me. Life is a paradox that seldom feels the need to explain itself. So we run around trying to grasp the meaning of it all. When in actuality there is no rhyme or reason.

So I’ve pretty much given up asking why, and started asking myself, why not? Why not, live in peace and chase the dreams I desire. Even when those dreams never seem to pay off. So despite it all I take a picture and tell a story, looking down into that quiet water. Smiling to myself realizing I’m probably not the only one that will ever understand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living