Warmth of Your Soul

Sandra Burnsed - Ogeechee River

I wish I could save you in a box and take you out when I need you. In those moments when I’m at my weakest, I could take you out and hold you close until the pain goes away. But you are not a possession, you are a broken soul, just like me. Wishing you could also put away that one soul that means so much to you.

You inspire me, you take my breath away. Despite the distance you are closer to me than my own soul. Comforting me in my darkest hours. But I can’t be selfish, although I want to be. You are a light that shines on this world, a gentle soul wrapped in a case of steel. Oh how is wish I could sweep you up and keep you for myself.

Someday maybe. Till then you hold my heart next to your soul. Keep it safe and take it out when you need me. I am but an imperfect man, with flaws and scares that may never heal. But deep within my soul lies an ember, a flame that was lit so long ago. I know that you feel the same, because I to can feel the warmth of your soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living