Good Morning

Alaskan Sunrise - Sandra Burnsed 
Good Morning. Today is beginning like most this time of season, watery eyes, sneezing, and blowing my nose. Here in the Southern US it is unusually warm with nights in the low 60's F and days pushing the low 80's F. It's practically mid-April right now. Which means my black pick-up truck is yellow the daffodils are popping up all over the place. If it's like this now, I can't wait till mid-June.

Other than that I'm feeling fine, I slept till 5 am (winner), but I'm still having the weird little dreams before I wake up. Other than that, I feel like I'm getting a decent amount of rest. Suffering from panic and obsessing with health issues like I do, I would normally worry about such things. But since the "Big One" I don't seem to obsess with health issues as much as I used too.

I think it all goes back to decades ago sitting in a therapist office having a panic attack. The therapist asked, "Do you feel like passing out?" In which I replied, "YES!" Then he said, "Ok go ahead, your sitting down." "You'll be okay." That epiphany has stuck with me ever since. Once you learn to accept the fact that you’re having the panic attack, in a way your taking away it's power.

We all want to live normal lives. But for whatever reason we are forced to live with the things we live with, namely panic and anxiety. The thing is to accept the things we cannot change and go from there. That may sound defeatist, but it isn't. It simply means to look at the situation with eyes wide open and go from there to improve yourself. All you can ask of yourself is to live as best you can. Trying is the first step. Live the best you can.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living