Simple Reminders

Simple Reminders - Sandra Burnsed
I was a little slow getting up this morning. I woke up around 4 am last night and had a little trouble getting back to sleep. I wrote something while I was half-awake, so I can't wait to read it in the light of day. What I will say about my experience last night was that it was not the usual "shock & awe" wake up experience I have. Instead it was actually kinda nice.

For the past few weeks I've been dreaming dreams of loved ones long gone. And to be honest, some were a little bittersweet, but most were quiet pleasant to experience. I try not to make too much of dreams anymore, that was my mom's department. She was very much into trying to find a "sign" anywhere she could.

For me looking for a religious symbol in whatever I could died out a long time ago. I simple see dreams as a way for the sub-conscience to find explanation in the things that occur. I believe our minds can sometimes get in the way of living. Causing us to over think things and miss the point of the experience. And isn't that the thing, to live each experience as it comes along. Hoping for some continuity between each point in our lives.

I don't mean to get too deep, after all we are all here to live our lives as best we can. Still there is a point to trying to live in the moment. It helps us to focus our energy on what we see in front us and not on some past regret or future worry. Let’s focus on the here and now. And I’ll look at the dream as an awesome reminder of the love I experienced and carry with me today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living