Old School

Bonfire by the Beach - 2018
I decided for this post to go a little "old school". which means I'm just going to type whatever pops out of my head, and let the chips fall where they may. Life is a series of separate events that add up to tell our story. For me my life has taken some crazy twists and turns, leading up to this very moment. And while most of my peers are leading established lives of working towards retirement. I'm sitting here plotting my next move, in what I hope is a long adventurous journey.

Now I have no grand illusions being rich and spending my days by a bonfire on the beach. What I do have is a desire to better myself from the inside out, and honestly that's where the journey begins. I have so many friends and family that worry and worry and work themselves to death about tomorrow. I'll tell you what my friend, I've stood at the edge of life and death, and you know what? It's okay. No I didn't see angels or some bright white light, what I did see was that life moves on with or without me. And in that moment I found peace.

Life is more than just about stuff. Now I'd be lying if I told you I don't get jealous or a little envious at a friend being successful materially. I haven't owned a home in over 30 years, I own a pickup truck with 143,000 miles on it, and to be perfectly honest, I have less than $20 dollars in the bank. But you know what, it's up to me to change it if I want too. Which means, I'd love to leave my bride with a home of her own. I would love to have a new F-150 to drive (sorry Dad). Maybe even a dollar or two in the bank so I don't have to wait a year to take a two-day vacation.

The point is it's okay, because I'm sitting here doing what I love to do. Working at a profession I was born to do and love doing, creating stories to enrich and entertain out of nothing. My point is, look out for your happiness first, don't let your life get stagnate, and leave kindness wherever you can. Even when you don't want too. I'm no one special, just a man that trying to live my life as best I can. And for me the best way to do that is to wake up and try and leave the world a little better than I found it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living