My Teeth Hurt


Where do I begin? Last night I woke up last hot and sweaty. Which could only mean one thing, my blood sugar was getting low. So I got up, popped a few glucose tablets, and after a few hours went back to bed. This morning I was awaken by not one, but two lawnmowers. One cutting my yard, the other mowing the church lot next door. So now my head’s spinning from the grass pollen and I’m itching all over. And oh yeah, since my sinuses are closed up, my teeth hurt.

Surprisingly enough I get a lot of messages from people thanking me for sending them encouraging words. After reading that first paragraph, you might think that’s a bit of a misnomer. Actually I’m pretty optimistic, I just don’t cloud my reality by sprinkling fairy dust over a pile of shit. Life is hard, just ask that squirrel I nearly ran over yesterday.

Growing up I wasn’t given too many words of encouragement. I had a Mom who was basically a child bride, trapped by the convictions of her religion. And a Dad raised in the depression who fought demons I understand more everyday. When I became a parent, I wanted to be a more encouraging example. But in reality and my own demons kept slapping me in the face. Still I told each of my children you can be anything you want to be. While we still have our own problems to work out, let’s not forget to be encouraging to one another. Telling our troubles to one another is definitely a scared thing. But also providing positive words of encouragement and humor is humankinds way of maintaining peace and harmony in an already troubled world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze