Sacrifice: Willingness to Love


I just woke up from a really deep sleep. The kind where you don’t dream and your mind just seems to slip away. The last few days I’ve been living between a state of dreaming and dizziness. Through circumstances beyond my control, I’ve been rationing myself in order to make it through the next few days. Unfortunately in my current physical condition this is not be smartest thing to do. The imbalances in my body cause my physical and mental conditions to swing back and to erratically.

I’m sure what I’m saying doesn’t make too much sense and that’s okay. Because not everything that’s written or seen has to be understood. Still it’s funny how we push ourselves in the name of love. We make sacrifices, even to the point of harming ourselves, all for the sake of others. I suppose it’s an instinctual thing. A primal urge that comes from our very core. Still while you would think our urges would dictate selfishness, here on full display is the need of many outweighing the needs of the one.

My point here is, we all do things in the name of love. Including things we never thought we would do. That’s because love has a funny way of taking us to places beyond ourselves. Imagine if you will, what would happen if you focused your capacity to love on yourself. Imagine the things you could do. The sacrifices you would make, the lengths you would go, all in the name of love. It’s easy to think of others beyond what we think of ourselves. So why not channel some of that energy back into that flawed individual you see in the mirror. You’d be amazed at what the power of love will do. 


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze