The Ride

There are days when I just assume not get out of bed, and go through my usual routine. Where I could get up when I felt like it, and do what I want to do. But those days are long gone and each morning I get out of bed, check my blood glucose, and pop 13 pills. Still my burden is probably no different than of yours. You get out of bed, get dressed, wake the kids up, and follow the traffic jam to work. Yeah I get it.

We each have our own weight to bare. That often feels like a carnival ride we’re about to throw up on. I’m not sure I could handle that kind of pressure anymore. I spend my days hidden in this room, no noise, just an occasional car passing by or the sound of a bird in the bird feeder. I’m burdened by time, by that I mean I watch the world tick by me. Not really an active participant anymore. I suppose that’s how old folks feel, rocking in their chairs at the old folks home waiting, watching.

If it feels like I’m not making sense, then maybe you’re right. It’s just one of those days where you wish you could just turn off the lights and say good night. But you know you can’t. You got bills to pay, obligations to meet, and a job to do. Right now my job is telling a story. Maybe show some empathy, hold up a mirror, and give a little understanding. Despite our best plans, life often takes us on some crazy detours. The best thing any of us can do is be patient and enjoy the ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze