No Different

Apparently, I picked a bad time to come outside. It’s only two in the afternoon and it’s hot as hell. Still it’s funny how numb my toes can get. The neuropathy used to just bother my left foot and parts of my left hand and the left side of my mouth. But now it’s starting to bother the little toes on my right foot.

I don’t know why I’m being this shit up, most people in my situation would keep quiet. I guess that’s because when they do “kick the can”, people would say, “I never knew.” Well I’m giving you a heads up, you can thank me later. But I try and enjoy each moment which as it comes. I suppose I’ve made enough decent choices in my life to grant me that privilege. But I think it’s really more about how you spent the moments that’s really important.

I have a friend who is always scurrying about doing this or that. Putting out fires, running a business, and taking care of others. Like myself they have a dependent spouse that has to be cared for and looked after. In all honesty their life seems to be a mess. I often wonder if they look at my life and ask, “why can’t my world be like that?”

You know we all have our burdens to bear. The thing is where do we draw our strength in our time of need. Mine comes from just a handful of people. People that I know have my back and that love me just the way I am. Yeah, life has its stresses and its problems, but we don’t have to walk it alone. Have faith that somebody out there cares. And that they know your situation all too well. That they love you no matter how many tattoos or scares you carry. For your heart is no different than when you first met.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze