Influences of Love

Not too much weighing on my mind today. Run a few errands this morning, now I’m just laying here gathering the strength to fix me some lunch. (Which simply means I'm too lazy to get up.) Other than that it’s hot, just another summer day in Southern Georgia. Still it’s nice to experience days like this, where there ain’t much is buggin' your mind. My bride’s in the living room sitting in her recliner writing in her journal. While our oldest son is apparently playing old video games in his room.

I suppose writing about days like this isn’t very riveting. But they are what they are, and days like this flow in and out of each of our ordinary lives. We like to feel “remarkable”, but seldom does it really happen. Other than writing a book or two, and a ton of stories, I go through my life hardly ever being noticed. But you know what that’s okay, because life is often no more then the passage of time.

I wish I could make more out of it than that. Each of us will hardly make more ripple in the pond around us. But those ripples we create, that’s the trick. For the handful we do influence will influence others, and they will influence even more. See what I mean? Don’t worry about your impact, simple treat with respect those around you. Be an example of love and good intentions. The world’s interpretation of success is only measured by greed. But the universes interpretation is seen through the good lessons we pass on. So focus on compassion, let’s be influences of love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze