The Other Shoe

It’s funny how you can feel on top of the world one moment. Then reality walks by and slaps the shit out of you and says, “wake up!” I thought I’d grown beyond letting little things drag me down. Well Sister (Brother) I apparently haven’t. Right now I’m feeling helpless like my life is totally out of my control. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop at any moment.

I don’t like feeling like this, never have, never will. It seems like I have spent too many of life’s precious moments waiting for things to occur. Instead of making them happen myself. Around here we have a running joke about just having “bad luck”. But deep inside that humor doesn’t fair well. It simply masks a dread that consumes my joy and therefore consumes my soul. I suppose the actual circumstance really doesn’t matter. Each of us face challenges that feel beyond our control. It cripples you, strips at your pride. Pounds whatever dignity you may have into the dirt.

So I sit here, writing my troubles out as I always do. More often than not, I don’t find any particular solution. Just the simple act of confession usually does the trick. Giving me prospective and a clearer way of thinking. So I can then face the next challenge. Life is such an imperfect crazy road. If you don’t take a moment to accept that fact. You’ll never be happy, and you’ll never be free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze