Interpret It


I sit in my isolation, away from the cries of those that weep. Yet I hear them, I really hear them. Crying out for justice and a fair break. Yet the system we hold so dear is held up with lies and red tape. Balancing the power to the strong and away from the weak. I don’t know why I am writing this, after all I’m among that most privileged demographic. But that wasn’t the way I was raised. I take the words the good book at face value not how you interpret it.

Compassion and empathy are our keys to survival. Brut force may win the game, but it never wins a heart. To change minds we must lead by example. But right now I don’t see too many examples laying around. Power seems to be the name of the game. We all play our victim cards, but who’s really the victim? You and your money or the mother selling her soul to feed her kids?

I don’t mean to get all preachy, besides that job’s already been cornered by hypocrites. All I’m asking is, are open-minded enough to serve? I don’t think so. Even I don’t have that ability sometimes. But honesty that is a first step, understanding yet another. Compassion that’s never a bad thing to have, and neither is the ability to love.Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends”. (John 15:13 NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze