3:36 AM

This was one of the first post I created back in 2011 for Blogger. Thought it would be fun to be a little nostalgic.

Well at 3:36 am on November 19, 1962 I was born at old Telfair Women's Hospital in Savannah, GA. And now it's 6:36 am on November 19, 2011 and I am 49 and 3 hours old. Years ago in class we discussed what the year 2000 would be like. We had to figure out how old we would be that year. It turned out I would be 38 years old, wow; to many of us that was a lifetime. It's funny now that that was 11 years ago.

The reason I thought about that today was because even though I am 49, I don't feel 49. Now my behind tells me I'm 49 everyday, as well as, other parts of me. But who I really am on the inside doesn't feel that way. If you hear me talk around here you wouldn't think of me as an optimist. If you look at my situation you wouldn't think that either. But truly I am very much an optimist. I'm looking forward to doing great things. Which typing this kinda makes me laugh considering. Still, I believe I have some important things to do. And, it's in that way that I don't feel 49. Because when I tell my friends my goals and plans you would think I was 23 and just leaving college. Not a middle aged man with four grown kids struggling through his 20th or 25th career change.

I guess it's that I'm getting (or making) the chance to do what I want to do, not what I have to do. To make a goal I have had ever since 1980 to go to college and finish. Recently someone close said something to me that nearly knocked off my path. They said, "So when are you finally going to be finished with school?" I think it might have been the tone of their voice or maybe it was the word "finally" that cut me quickest, I'm not sure? Either way it gave me a week's worth of questions to myself like, "Are you wasting your time?" and "Are you going in the right direction for someone you age?" Looking back it was a lost week and time wasted not completing my goals.

Well, to wrap this jibber jabber up I'll close this by saying. Look inside at who you are and ask yourself the question, "I'm I doing what I want? Or I'm I simply doing what I need?" Then answer to yourself, and set a course or what "you" want. You see, this week I was almost blown off course. So remember, once you set out for a dream don't let anyone else change your direction.

Then maybe you wouldn't feel your age either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze