Afraid

 


I took a couple of days off, simply answering messages and editing some friend’s work. Sometimes inspiration comes to me in waves, other times it’s has to be forced out. One of the most fascinating things about telling stories are the responses I get back. It’s interesting to read the comments and see the points others pull from my words.

When I first started publishing my stories publicly, I was so afraid other people would be critical of my words. And yes, there were critics that either disagreed with my thoughts or felt the need to correct my grammar. I first started publishing my thoughts on specialized forums like the mental health forum “Panic No More” and a student forum at the “University of Phoenix”. With each I gained confidence and grew as a writer. I then started a blog on “Blogger” (which is still there) back in 2011. Eventually there came the eBooks, then the paperbacks through Kindle Digital Publishing (available through Amazon). All the while working to build my business career.

To say I’m successful at writing would be laughable, but say I love doing it would be an understatement. Success and fame are alright, I’ve had those things before in another life. But happiness, freedom, and respect are far better. In whatever you do, find joy and find passion; as a Systems Analyst I felt rewarded, but at the same time I felt a tremendous amount of stress and confinement. Eventually that and my own personal mental baggage caused my downfall and a much-needed reevaluation of myself. All I can tell you is, thrive at what you are doing because you never know. But if you find no joy in it, don’t be afraid to let it go.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living