Lofty Expectations


I often wake up in the morning, knowing “good an damn well” I got pills to take and testing to do. Yet I’ll lay right there and do nothing till I start feeling Ill. With my Type 2 diabetes, I’ll either ignore my morning test or worse yet not eat anything till I’m about ready to pass out. I’m not sure if it’s just laziness or lack of motivation make me this way. Or if it’s the lingering effect of my good-old self-destructive behavior.

I suppose I should ponder these things and take appropriate action. Instead, I just chalk it up to having a bad day and let the shit go. Right now I got a lot of shit on my plate. So I’m giving myself a hard pass on the guilt and lofty expectations. Because I see people that push themselves hard to achieve a goals, only to be left disappointed time and time again. Listen I know how it feels to be disappointed. To reach out for the brass ring, only to get knocked off that horse.

There’s nothing wrong with having goals. In fact I have achieved a number of life goals over the years. The thing I am saying is, don’t beat yourself up over circumstance. Life’s both a hard journey and a boring routine, with the occasional moments of joy sprinkled in-between. Don’t let bad moments steal your joy or your purpose. Take a breath and know that the sun will eventually come out again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living