Put in the Effort

I’m currently sitting in my daughter’s massage chair. Me and George spent the last 45 minutes raking leaves and dog shit, both which we have in abundant supply. I quit taking after noticing a blister on my hand, that had already popped. So I came inside, washed my hands and got a band aid. I know this doesn’t sound like much of a day, but it’s getting things done. If you think about it, life is never about a big series of events. It’s about the tedious and the mundane things that make real special events…special.

As much as I like to say “just let it go”, there still have to be moments of planning and work. Without working on my mental health issues, I’d still be balled up in a corner of a room somewhere. Without work and routine, I’d still be laying in a bed not growing any stronger after my heart issues. You see despite what we may wish for, nothing ever improves without planning and action. Even in the depth of Zen philosophy, things have to be done.

As much as I like to live my life without a care in the world. Moments happen, things need to be done. Living your life mindfully means putting all your focus into every action. I get a lot of positive comments about my writing. Well, none of that comes without focus and awareness. And yes, I usually don’t start out with a clue about what going to write. But most of the time the end result is what really needed saying. So stay focused, be aware of what you are doing. Because goals are nothing more than sad wishes if you’re not willing to put in the effort.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living