A Local Worldview

I'm Southern born and raised, I don't run from that mostly because it's true. I grew up in the Savannah Georgia area, about 12 miles outside the city. While many in Savannah may consider that town now, back in the sixties and seventies, we were barely suburbia. More like country suburbia with few paved streets, two gas stations, and a post office. 

So you can say my upbring was a cross between Mayberry and Port City Chic (I'll let you figure that one out). Meaning while younger we could ride the roads on our bikes for hours without our parents worrying. And at the same time, being a stones throw away from a major Southern port city and the manufacturing jobs it produced. On my street, we were nearly all Union Camp babies, with our Dad's working shift work at the largest paper mill in the world. 

That was my worldview living the middle class suburban dream with a country twist. But as many my age remember, a lot of that dream faded way before this last recession. Though a few of us have done pretty good carving out a nice living through the years. Still for some that shift in the winds left us blowing about, aimless and confused.

With that said here we are, yet in the middle of yet another change. A change to a more "Global View". While some still long for a more localized closed view. Some of us are ready for this challenge, because we were raised in this view. We learned to adjust to change and for me at least, technology is old hand. 

The point here is, limiting yourself to the ideas you're used to, may be fine. But they can be just that, limiting. Don't let your current view limit you, test change, see how it fits with what you already know. If it doesn't fit, no harm, no foul. I guess what I'm saying is don't let a limited, limit any potential you have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living