It's Saturday

I know, you'd think I could come up with a better title, right. I guess my point here is each of us needs a point of rest and for most that starts Saturday. As we get caught up "living" Monday through Friday the world does nothing more than drain our batteries dry. So as you walk through life remember to take a moment to recharge. 

Recharging doesn't have to mean loading the car/truck getting out in weekend traffic and forcing yourself to have a good time. It can mean after a rough day laying on the bed and pulling out the Kindle and reading that guilty pleasure. I'm sure many of you are like me and get awaken by stressful dreams at night. I'm noticing lately that instead of forcing myself back to sleep, if I cut on my lamp and read a few pages of a good escape novel. I end up relaxing again and hitting myself in the head with my Kindle. 

I guess the point of this one is just because you work hard, doesn't mean you have to play hard (unless, you want to). Like an uncle of mine once said, "find a hobby". You don't never know, it could be cooking, or painting, maybe woodwork, or gardening. I guess the thing is, don't let your recharger become a drain itself.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living