Adjusting My Sights

I've been taking the last few days to reflect on a few things. Mainly refocusing myself and looking at the goals I have set. You know, every so often you have to do that, you have to reset the switches that focus your passions. Several years ago I became laser fixed on a goal, and now that that goal has been met, it's time to reset that laser sight. 

The problem I am having is, I was so fixed on that first goal, I'm now having trouble resetting and refocusing on a new target. Maybe this is what happens to an athlete who is so fixed on one goal, that once the goal is reached they feel kinda lost. Now I'm not sure that really happens, but I would how it did to me. 

I guess you're thinking, why is it so difficult to reset your sights? I my answer would be, putting out so much time, effort, and energy to one goal really drained my focus. It may not sound like much of an excuse, but when you're a late bloomer at reaching goals, that's just how I've felt lately. 

But don't worry, I realize the problem. And at the moment I'm working on refocusing and resetting my priorities. I guess the moral here is, if you feel unfocused and living just to make another day. Do what you need to regroup and set your sights on whatever it is you desire. If it's a new career with greater rewards, great! If it's serving your fellow man, that's great too!

Simply put, just let it be something that satisfies you and gives you a reason to get up in the morning.     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living