The Most Important Thing

This week while making arrangements to get treatment for my well documented problem, I was asked an interesting question, "What is the most important in the world to live for?" For a second the question threw me back, but the first thing that popped into my head was, "to be happy." I guess my answer satisfied the women taking the information. But the question did get me thinking, what is the most important thing? 

I guess out of the 6 or so billion people in the world, you'd get at least 4 or 5.5 billion different answers. I guess the thing that strikes me about the question is how it can change during different times in your life. My answer was because I'm at a point in my life where if I'm not happy, how can I make others happy? But earlier in my life my answer may have been my parents, or my music, my wife, or my kids. Each of these are still important, it's just that I realize without keeping myself going, nothing else's going to work either. 


My point to all this is, without putting myself into view and taking care of you. How are you going to take care of anyone else? Plus I think without making ourselves happy, or content, or whatever you want to call it you can rob yourself of a lot of things. Some of those things include drive, desire, curiosity, faith, love, and passion. Without a combination of a number of these things, we are died inside. 

So remember, being happy is never a bad thing, it's an important thing.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living