But Really, Who Are You?

One of the few things I don't like about Blogger is it seems you have to produce a title before you start working on the post. My thing has always been when I sit down to write, I usually don't have central thought in mind when I begin. I'm sure that if many of you that write may think that foolish or at least you now understand why most all my post are the way they are. 
Still that's my stick and I'm sticking by it.

Recently I've been playing around with a new venture. I've been trying my hand at keeping up a website called My Mid_Life. So far it's just a series of personal post not much different than what you see here. I suppose the thing I'm working to do is create and develop a personal brand. Personal branding seems to be the new buzzwords in marketing, companies have been doing it for years. And with, the explosion of social media now more than ever to get your face, name, or business out there by creating and developing your personal brand is the way to go. 

I guess the ironic part for me is why? Why expose myself to the public scrutiny of putting myself out there? Well artist and businesses have been doing it for a millennium or more. But with the development of the Internet and social media it seems everyone's gotta online profile. Still it doesn't mean I have too, right? 

I guess the thing is, if you're out in the marketplace with a product, idea, or concept that you are passionate to share with others then why not. A prime example is a relative of me and my wife, who for two seasons has had a novel television program that has aired called Buying Naked on TLC (the home of naked TV). While I do not have figures to prove it, I'm sure the business that this program has brought to her company is tremendous. (And I'm sure she doesn't mind me plugging it either.)

So the thing is, while I don't have anything as extreme to deliver as nude real estate (at least not yet). Each of us that have a product or idea to deliver can learn from social media. That by maintaining a quality brand, we are giving ourselves a great first image to build upon.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Blowing Breeze