Give & Take

One of the many blessings my work affords me is working from home. Still like most everybody, I do spend hours hunched over my computer. But working from home allows me to step outside every once in a while and breathe. I live in a quiet rural town which allows me to hear the morning birds the sing with little of the big city noises that bother most. 

Still as spring awakens from the rough winter we've had, not everything is rainbows or sunshine. You see, while I so love the sights and sounds of spring, considering how bad my allergies are, spring is no friend to me. Sitting on the porch earlier this morning, I couldn't help but think. Not everything in life works out perfectly. Not every sunset brings another sunny day and not every missed opportunity brings about another missed opportunity. 

What I'm wanting to say here is, a lot of times nothing works out to perfection. But imperfection in itself isn't so bad. If I've learned nothing else in life, love, and work, it's that you never get your own way all the time. From the time you're born till you draw your last breathe, some things are not yours to control. 

I didn't get a say in the fact I'm nearsighted or left-handed, although I could have eye surgery and write with the wrong hand (Thanks, mom and dad for not making me do that), but those are things I gladly live with considering. I guess the other point I should make here is, while we have no say in somethings, it doesn't mean that this situation has to be ours forever. 

Say you were born poor or have some disability, you can think, "well this is it." But do you really? History has shown us slaves have become kings and some born with disabilities have adapted and overcome their disadvantages. So while I rock on my porch and enjoy the blooming trees and grass, all the while blowing my nose. I can remember that in my imperfection I can still work to be my best. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fail-Safe

Moments You've Lived

Focus on Living